The children are learning at their own pace and through their own play experiences.
Our curriculum is play based, allowing the children to explore their own learning, while offering guidance through their experiences and discoveries. In order to meet the needs of the children enrolled at A Shining Star Learning Center, our faculty members observe each child as he or she plays. Each child is an individual with his or her unique personality and style of learning. The faculty observes and documents the child’s development and mastery of skills, along with the individual interests of each child. This information is shared with parents by daily take home sheets and progress reports.
A Shining Star Learning Center is located in Normal, Illinois, located at the corner of Main Street (US51) and Raab Road. We provide a secure and loving environment where each child is encouraged and supported to achieve to the best of their abilities in all areas.
A Shining Star Learning Center’s broad objectives are:
- To help create security and self-confidence in each child
- To explore learning and make it fun and exciting for each child
- To create the ability to problem solve
- To develop fine and gross motor skills
- To allow children to make choices and experiences the consequences of personal decisions
- To encourage children to make good health and safety choices
- To help children distinguish between acceptable and unacceptable behavior
- To develop a concern for the rights and well being of others
- To develop an appreciation that everyone has his/her own unique characteristics that make each person different